Join Cub Scouts at Pack 95
In Cub Scouts, our motto is Do Your Best and we have fun doing it. The best way to find out what you do best is to do it. Swing a bat. Pitch a tent. Build a pinewood derby car. Cub Scouts are at that magical age where everything is new and possible and, most important, fun. They live in a world of “firsts”—first home run, first campfire, first checkered flag—where their game plan is their imagination. Their most valuable reward is the friends they make for life and a parent’s proud smile. These are invaluable experiences that can be had in Scouting. These are life lessons that transform today’s Cub Scouts into tomorrow’s Boy Scouts.
If you would like to know more about Pack 95 and how you and your son can get involved, contact our Cubmaster or come to one of our meetings. We would love to show you what cub scouting is all about and how it’s a great place for families just like yours.
If you are ready to sign up, here are the steps you need to take.
1. Fill out the Youth Application.
2. If your boy will be a Tiger (First grade) they will need to have an adult partner. You will need to fill out the Adult Application. If you have any desire to be a Pack Leader (or just help out) in the future you will need to fill this out as well. If you do decide you want to be a registered leader, you will need to take Youth Protection Training before you turn in your form. Ask the Cubmaster or Pack Committee Chairman on how to take this online class.
The pack has these forms available if you prefer not to download and print the pdf file.
3. Pay the yearly dues. This covers dues, awards, a years subscription to Boy’s Life magazine, etc. Your new cub scout will receive a handbook and scarf from the Pack so you don’t need to purchase them when you purchase your uniform.
4. Purchase a class-a uniform. You may be able to find someone with an old one or you can purchase a new one at the Greater Alabama Council Scout Shop located in Liberty Park.
And most important.
5. Let us know you want to join, we can’t wait to have you as part of the Pack. Email the Cubmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If that all seems to daunting, just show up for a meeting and we’ll help you through the registration process.
Pack 95 meets at Shades Valley Lutheran Church in Homewood, Alabama and we welcome anyone from the Birmingham area to join us. Visit out calendar to see when our next pack meeting is.
If Pack 95 is not convenient to you and you still want to join scouting, visit BeAScout.org and search for a pack in your area.